23.9.07

Overheard at Work

Scene 1

So, we was having some discussion on pretty high level matters albeit in low level surroundings over smokes and beers.

Big Fuck: So, what do you think can be done about "this this this" and "that that that"
Me: Frankly, Sir, I am not going to answer this question because it is not within my pay grade to do so.

Scene 2

There's a lot of talk these days on how the workforce manpower management and culture is going to morph with 3G this and 3G that [woe begone the days where 3G was only meant for mobile phones].

Big Fuck: So, how are all of you getting along with this new 3G system?

Smart Alec: Sir, doesn't what 3G really mean is that now 1 man does 3 men's jobs?

Big Fuck: [now, this blew us away cos we thought he was gonna get defensive] Yeah, I suppose you could say that in a way. Apparently SOME people feel that the more technologically advanced we get, less people need be there to run the show. Still, I have but one piece of advise for those of you caught in a piled up work fix now.

Smart Alec: And what is that?

Big Fuck: Hear this and hear it good. My own boss told me this before. "What you can do tomorrow.... Don't do today". There you go. This should solve the problem.

Scene 3

After sussing out a lot of suggestions from the ground on how to improve Workplace Safety, a decision was made to put a red warning box outside all doors at work that open outwards. Brilliant idea and it did have its desired effect.

Via e-mail:

Biggest Fuck of the Joint: So, tell me, why did you choose red as the colour of the box instead of anyother colour? Nothing important just generally curious.

Guy who enforced the idea: Well, Sir, initially I thought of yellow so that it gives a better contrast against the grey concrete.

Biggest Fuck of the Joint: Yeah, I thought so too. So why didn't you?

Guy who enforced the idea: Sir, there are really no lack of idiots in this joint. I am willing to stake my half month bonus on the fact that some idiot sooner or later will be using the warning yellow box as a smoking point.

Biggest Fuck of the Joint: You mean there are idiots here?


Adieu!

No comments: