24.1.07

Service Interrupted

I am going to make this as solemn and as sombre as I can. So I shall avoid the signature italicizing of bracketed words, those quips I make in the middle of sentences.

My mobile usage and patronage will henceforth be drastically altered. The same applies to my online presence. This is the skinny of it. I won't be entertaining any more social calls. It is not in my best and efficient interest to hear about your day, your office dilemma, IT issues, directions to someplace, queries on the entertainment scene and your latest squeeze / break up. In fact, it wastes precious time and I have issues with multi tasking.

I think it's safe to say gossip doesn't interest me anymore. I have my definite spheres and I think they suffice well enough to provide me with the companionship, bonds and general attention I require. Thus, pointless intersections don't appeal to me anymore, regardless of the fact that every Yindian in Singapore can be connected via only 2 degrees. If you have an interesting tale, you can still e-mail it on and I will review it for its merits.

My lines of communication will be only open to academic / business dealings and essential personnel. So, take heed and don't be astonished nor perturbed as to why I might have gone missing as far as you're concerned. I totally meant to.

I have also wizened up to the idea of making new friends everyday. I think whoever has lasted this long is good enough. I don't suppose I'm gonna find the friend-equivalent of a "soul mate" anymore cos I've already seen an abnormally large amount of people in my lifetime [of which I've lived only a third] and yes, I'm much more comfortable with Pri 4 dropouts taking their PSLE now, then all youse.

So, there, the official announcement. This announcement is as good as a verbal contract too if you so choose to hear it from me personally but your call isn't attended to.

Adieu!

Late Addition: I think my prof needs a new home, sending e-mails in the mid of the night and all, confined to his office and his plush armchair.

GUTS - is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being met by your wife with a broom, and then asking her: "Are you still cleaning, or are you flying somewhere?"

BALLS - is coming home late after a night out with the guys, Smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the butt and saying: "You're next." Yeeha!

I hope this clears up any confusion on the definitions. Medically speaking, there is no difference in the outcome since both ultimately result in death.

No comments: