5.7.06

Wisdom

So, I am still groggy after last night's game. Thank god I had live company. Reshie on MSN and 2 chinese commentators. Someone sent me this cool player programme where you can access cable tv channels right on your desktop. So, the match was playing, albeit the swearing was all in Chinese. It's okay, the money was made. *Grin*

I was telling Rita, who can tell your fortunes just by calculating random digits in your birthday, that I think I is blessed with a good star but hounded by a bad one. I have no idea under which patron star or saint or demigod I was born into but damn it has become quite a hell of a ride. See, my bad star insists on sending me crises. Crisis after crisis. Not one by one, but mosta the time 2-3 at a go. Such that by the time you finish settling this first set of 3, the next set is on the way. Like a irritating arcade game it is.

Then, during the final moments of such crises, the good star beams down and kinda shoves it all outa the way. Sunshine. Glory. Enlightenment. OF course the cycle kinda repeats and repeats. I'm really quite tired of the game now, but heck it has to go on. The stars won't let me stop.

As such, I applied for urgent leave early in the morning so I could sit home and do my subject registration in peace and not have to jostle for the PC at work. Cos, some people DO have real work to do. And lo and behold, I oversleep. Now, just one of my subjects is hanging in mid air cos of a lack of vacancies and I gotta wait a hell of a long time. Make that 3 weeks to actually register it. But there's always a short cut. And in NTU, there almost ALWAYS is. Depends if you know where to look for it. Thankfully, I do. Problem solved. Is it I love myself?

I asked RT just now, "let's say, I asked you to remind me of something dirt important to me, something I can't miss, but 2 days before the event me and you get into some conflict, would you still bother to remind me." Needless to say, this tainted lover of mine managed to cool me soul by telling me at least she'd sms me about it if she wasn't up to calling. So, RT you is compassionate and kind, just like me. Good on you.

Some others? Haha. The world kinda revolves around them I suppose. My this, My that, I like, You don't, He said, She said bullshit. And these same people, actually believe they are good pals or friends or what not to the others around them? haha. Back to reality people. You know you're good enough if you can pass through my judgmental condescending sieve. Otherwise, look within, look away, just get away I suppose.

These few months, I've come across the weirdest of people and their issues. It amazes and yet disgusts at the same time. Was there some paradigm shift in the way people think, that I was not informed of? That, only folks who are older than me can understand that "Yeah, that not the way it is supposed to be".

Trivial motherfucker issues people can blow up. Can blow on. Can blow in. I should set up a version of Siegfried and Roy's circus for all the mismatched freaks of nature I've seen around. One can be the firestarter. One can be the person who KEEPS putting their head into the lion's mouth. One can just be the clown, talk cock, get slapped, turns up another day to repeat the routine. One can be the ringmaster, that will be me. Give me a whip, I'll show you how to sort out your life.

I guess the point I'm getting at is don't sweat the small stuff, always look for quality. Don't be desperate for something that doesn't belong. Quit being a prick. Find something to do, too much free time kills the soul.

I excerpt some stuff from Baz Luhrmann's Sunscreen:
[What I think is fuckin prudent, I shall highlight]

1.Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh nevermind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded. But trust me, in 20 years you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you cant grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked.You're not as fat as you imagine.

2. Dont worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

3. Do one thing everyday that scares you

4. Sing

5. Dont be reckless with other peoples hearts, dont put up with people who are reckless with yours.

6. Floss

7. Dont waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind...the race is long, and in the end its only with yourself.

8.Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

9. Keep your old love letters, throw away your old boy/girl friends.

10. Stretch

11. Dont feel guilty if you dont know what to do with your life...the most interesting people I know didnt know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still dont.

12. Maybe you'll marry, maybe you wont, maybe you'll have children, maybe you wont, maybe you'll divorce at 40, maybe you'll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary.What ever you do, dont congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either - your choices are half chance, so are everybody elses.

13. Enjoy your body, use it every way you can...dont be afraid of it, or what other people think of it, its the greatest instrument youll ever own.

14. Dance...even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

15. Read the directions, even if you dont follow them.

16. Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.

17. Get to know your parents, youll never know when theyll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

18. Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography in lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

19. Travel.

20. Accept certain inalienable truths, price will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old, and when you do youll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

21. Respect your elders.

22. Dont expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.

23. Dont mess too much with your hair, or by the time its 40, it will look 85.

24. Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth.

Adieu!

Late Addition:

Nal: You ARE a pill.
Me: Huh? Meaning?
Nal: American slang. Means something that is good for you but hard to swallow. Like the French " touche".
Me: Orrrrrh.

No comments: