1.10.06

R.I.P. CV

We lost another young soul early on Sunday morning. Someone I've known for the past 3 years at least, for better or worse. When I didn't see him in school, I saw him at the clubs, if not there then at a temple, if not there then at a wedding/funeral. He was not exactly my favouritest guy in this sphere but hell, when life deals you such an ugly blow how do you remain oblivious to the fact that he definitely didn't deserve to go? Not under these circumstances, definitely.

I'd like to take this opportunity thus to bid farewell to Vicknesh aka Cheeky Vicky, murdered by a drunk Myanmar lorry driver, utter wrong place at the wrong time. Story was covered by CNA, though just a few lines, HERE.

We've had our varying experiences with CV. Selven could attest to knowing that there was a good side to the man, cept the rest of us didn't see it. The last time I saw him was on Friday night, at the club. He was just across from me at the pool table. But not a single word was exhanged, not even eye contact. I went back and thought bout this though, like is this cold war worth it, and so I told another friend that if I go back to the club tonight and can get a hold of him, I'd make my peace. Sort things out at the very least, since we're gonna be always seeing him around anyways. Alas, when I recounted this very thought to a friend of CV's after his passing, I got this priceless cliched line: "Well its a bit too late for that isn't it?". How true, how true.

I didn't turn up at the funeral though. In all truthfulness, my phone can be ringing at 120db the night after drinking, but I can never consciously wake up to answer it. By the time, I got sober, it was all over. And I regret this terribly.

Perhaps the only way some feel, is to not mourn the loss but to remember the good times, the ones where he managed to just crack you up. Where he made you pull out that expression of disbelief. Where he laughed infectiously. I think R.E.M sang it most eloquently:

'Cause everybody hurts. Take comfort in your friends
Everybody hurts. Don't throw your hand. Oh, no. Don't throw your hand
If you feel like you're alone, no, no, no, you are not alone

Well, everybody hurts sometimes,
Everybody cries. And everybody hurts sometimes
And everybody hurts sometimes. So, hold on, hold on
Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on
Everybody hurts. You are not alone


R.I.P. CV

No comments: