13.10.06

Silendru Oru Kaathal

I've just finished watching Silendru Oru Kaathal. This is after penning the 100th post for KLKillahs. Yes, KLKillahs is 100 posts old and the celebratory post is on the site, use the big ass centenary button to reach the joint.

To all my pals who have since linked KLKillahs on their blogs, do download the centenary desktop wallpaper [both versions] and either button which you like and continue your support for my grip-you-by-the-balls and slap-you-on-the-head Indian satire movement.

I've also finished discussing a small mini project with the AVB and I hope that will be out soon. I have also given school a miss the whole week. Thank god for that. Apparently it's online learning week, where all lectures are E-lectures. Right. This is to prepare for an event when the school becomes unusable and all students gotta learn from home. Like an epidemic or something.

I think the school knows it's a very good target for a possible terrorist attack because it's in the middle of nowhere, so if you shower us with napalm, we'll run 2 km before reaching another civilized population and we can easily bury that part of Tuas and claim it never existed. Or simply blame the SAF's live firing exercises for misfiring and blowing up the campus and divert attention from the whole terrorist angle. Whatever works. As long school remains closed.

Well back to the movie. The main draw was that the hero and heroine are now a couple in reality. But of course, after they got hitched, the husband apparently with precision clockwork timing informed the press that his wife will no longer be acting. Their decision to get hitched now also had film distributors in an uproar cos a recent survey done on Tamil Nadu blokes said 72% didn't wanna catch a flick where a married woman in reality plays a single broad on the silver screen.

So, back to the movie. Surya has 2 loves. The second we realize only 1.5 hours into the movie. The whole first CD had me commenting that it was a very well taken flick. Good comedy, good timing, good shots and good editing. But, there always is just one spoiler. And for me, it occurred At 05:10 into the 2nd CD.


His First Lau, Bhumika


His Second Lau, Jyothika

Background: Surya attempts to save Bhumika from the path of a speeding goods lorry. He pulls her outa the way but tears her clothes in doing so. Public has a good view of what little skin she shows. Fast forward to a scene shot in a canteen.

Surya: I'm very sorry. I didn't expect that to happen. I just wanted to help. I feel so stupid. I know you must be angry with me. blah blah blah... [she cuts him off halfway]

Bhumika: Yes, I'm angry with you. The body that only you were supposed to see, why did you let the world see it too?

Me: WTF DID SHE JUST SAY?!?!?!?! AND WTF IS GOING ON HERE? THESE 2 MOFOS AINT EVEN IN "LAU" IN THE STORYLINE YET. WTF IS AN MP'S DAUGHTER DOING DECLARING SHE'D LIKE THE COLLEGE GANGSTER TO "EXPERIENCE" HER ALL BY HIMSELF. IS THERE NO "R" RATINGS TO THESE KINDA THINGS? ESPECIALLY WHEN THE DIALOGUE IS BY THE MOST LIKELY "GIRL NEXT DOOR" IN TAMIL CINEMA NOW?

Needless to say. I clicked "Pause". Went for a smoke. Cleared my brain. And have yet to get back to the movie. Instead I am typing this now, and I shall go to bed.

Adieu!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, precisely what turned me off. What made Bhoomika even fall for Surya? Cos she secretly wanted that close buddy beaten up? Or maybe she always wondered how it'd be like to get a football kicked right at her face? Or she craved a public exposure, literally. They have to spoil it somehow, I tell you.

Anonymous said...

yah though they had all the loop holes abt hw she fell in love with a college rowdy n etc, the ending whr both gt separated immediately aft marriage made me real sad. it reminded me of a close fren who went thru the same shit as boomika but ofcos she dint become so modern. her life was much devasted aft they were separated while the guy happily gt married n has a kid!