16.11.05

Sleep Deprivation.

Last night, I slept. Wait. IT wasn't night per se. It was more like afternoon. Anyway on Tuesday at 1 PM I slept and woke up at 530 this morning. 17 hrs of goddamn restful sleep. Coccooned within my duvet and all its rainbow coloured threads.

Fantastic. Peaceful. Much-needed!

I havent slept fitfully for a year at least. Of course in this category i don't include sleeping off the effects of alcohol cos even in that your sleep serves a purpose. Last night, there was no purpose. Almost like in a state of samadhi except you do awake.

I find it hard to sleep at nights. Read somewhere that some people are jus night ppl and some are jus day people. In fact, it even correlates to the time you were born. I.e. those born in the evening to nights like me, are generally more active at nights.

Ok, so they might be right. I club, or used to club 4 times a week. The nightlife was almost as normal as for a person who wakes up, goes to school/work comes back all tired and retires for some sleep. I sleep during the day, ALWAYS. It's like even if I want to rest at night, some evil being sits on my left shoulder tapping me awake. Yes, that's the shoulder that the evil sub conscious always sits on, watch more animated movies will ya.

My mum claims I have a fight with the sun. I say I'm just a vampire. Seeking blood red vodka swiggin nubiles and confined within my abode awaiting the evil rays of sunlight to pass me by.
I can't function in the day. At all. This has to be some kind of disease. I can't concentrate in school, I hate waking up for work. I am just not a morning person. And I need help. I am coming right out and asking for help. This is not insomnia mind you, it is just a case of excessive day sleepiness.

Does anyone out here know a cure?
"Dawn: When men of reason go to bed" - Ambrose Bierce

"Sleep that knits up the ravelled sleave of care

The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath

Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,

Chief nourisher in life's feast" - Shakespeare in Macbeth

No comments: