6.8.06

FF - Trilogy

It's about cars aint it. At the end of the day. For the ladies, how nice the decals, paintjob, polishing and wings look. For the guys, pure and simple. Talent and horsepower.

And then the priceless quote from my Hayabusa riding guy:

Me: Why do you ride, go get a car, fucking less dangerous right?
Him: I like the feeling of having something hot and throbbing between my legs.

I show you all the Fast and Furious anecdotes. Cos, it so happens that I watched all 3 at one go. I think this is what sequels and prequels are for. To watch them all in one go. And appreciate how the different directors bring the same subject, same storyline, same bullshit to work in different ways.

FF 1

Trivia: At the house party, Vin Diesel says to Paul Walker "You can have any beer you want, as long as it's a corona." This is a reference to automobile innovator Henry Ford. Although he probably never said, "You can have any color you want, as long as it's black," and although the Model T to which he was supposedly referring was made in several colors (including a couple of shades of green and red as well as grey, blue, and several others) the phrase has long been attributed to him.

Quotes:

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free

It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car

Why'd you bring the busta here?
Because the busta kept me out of handcuffs, he didn't just run back to the fort, the buster brought me back

Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile

That's my dad. He was coming up in the pro-stock circuit. Last race of the season, he was coming into the final turn when a driver named Kenny Linder tapped his bumper and put him into the wall at a hundred and twenty miles an hour. I watched my father burn to death. I can still remember him screaming. The people who were there said my father died long before the tanks blew. They said it was me that was screaming.

FF 2

Trivia: While this movie was filming on one side of Cape Florida State Park on Key Biscayne, Bad Boys II was filming scenes on the other side of the park.

Quotes:

Verone pay ya'll to keep a straight face like that? 'Cause If I was makin' money, shit, I'd get that mole removed off my damn nose.

How much he pay ya'll anyway? Every time I see ya'll, man, ya'll got the silk shirts on, jewelry, you know, lookin' real Miami. You know? I caught you walkin' up in the club, you got the hamburger meat all hangin' out, you know?

FF3

Trivia: All of the drifting in the movie was performed by professional drivers, not created by CGI. As reported in a recent Sport Compact Car, Rhys Millen, his father, and a handful of other famous rally and drift racers consistently performed amazing drift sequences for the movie

Quotes:

This beast's got 500-horsepower and a Borla exhaust system. It does 0-60 in what, 4.3 seconds?
Wow. You can read the brochure.

There is an old saying: 'For want of a nail, the horseshoe was lost. For want of a horseshoe, the steed was lost. For want of a steed, the message was not delivered. For want of message, the war was lost.'

What'd you expect? You didn't just play with fire, you soaked the matches in gasoline

Who you choose to be around you lets you know who you are

Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back

You know the Japanese have a saying: The nail that sticks out gets hammered

Adieu!

No comments: