14.9.06

Hand in my Pocket

Brought to my attention by Nal. Whenever I listen to Alanis, Madonna, The Cranberries and The Smashing Pumpkins, the one person who creeps into my mind is my Sec 1-2 classmate. Adly Afiq. He was the man I tell you. He was metrosexual when metro wasn't even "in" yet. And he taught me music. Or at least what I know now was inspired by him. Otherwise, I think I'd be still stuck with Aladdin's "A Whole New World" and Wacko Jacko till my early twenties.

Cheers Afiq! Wherever you are.


I'm broke but I'm happy
I'm poor but I'm kind
I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah
I'm high but I'm grounded
I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed
I'm lost but I'm hopeful, baby

I feel drunk but I'm sober
I'm young and I'm underpaid
I'm tired but I'm working, yeah
I care but I'm restless
I'm here but I'm really gone
I'm wrong and I'm sorry, baby

I'm free but I'm focused
I'm green but I'm wise
I'm hard but I'm friendly, baby
I'm sad but I'm laughing
I'm brave but I'm chicken shit
I'm sick but I'm pretty, baby

What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be quite alright
Cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other is flicking a cigarette

See video at Nal's place. Click HERE.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi. i know where he is. he's a steward with Qatar Air now.

ah_neh said...

get me his contact?