12.9.06

Marcomm

This is for Mel my declared "Marketing Manager of the World". An apt lesson in marketing and sales for you. I relate now the conversation between me and a tuition agent:

Me: Wei
She: Huh? Oh hello. I thought you Indian.
Me: Heh, oh yes, I forgot.
She: hahahha. Got an assignment wanna take not.
Me: How much?
She: You don't want to know teach what subject what level?
Me: Anything also can teach ma, teach so hard meh, I see the NIE students I also scared for my kids next time. So how much?
She: Oh! $180.
Me: On!
She: By the way, just curious, your A level grades got D all, still can go uni meh?
Me: Hahaha. You jokin ah? Of course can la, C average ma, George Bush also C average lei
She: Oh, I thought only As and Bs can.
Me: No la, every year so many students go uni, all get A and B meh. That's for gahmen scholars only la.
She: Oh! Eh ask you ah, you know anything bout Economics?
Me: That's my best subject ma, why you need tuition?
She: My niece la, her grades damn bad, thought need help.
Me: Wah, I pro lei! I got notes all.
She: Is it? Wah, useful not.
Me: Depends lor, but I tell you first, the girl who used this notes got an A for it hor? Si beh good. In my humble opinion la.
She: Wah good good. Apparently, her teacher not that good.
Me: So how? You want to buy? I let you photostat la.
She: Cannot free ah?
Me: I take your assignment, you also take 50% commission ma. So, you make money from me I don't make from you, a bit the unfair right. We are all business people ma.
She: Correct hor. Anyway it's my sis's daughter, so she the one gonna pay. How much you want for it?
Me: Cheap cheap la. 50 bucks. You take photostating costs, return me when you done. ASAP.
She: Wah! [mulling over it] Ok lor. I come tmrw and take can?
Me: Sure, anytime can. Paying me tmrw?
She: Yes yes, thanks a million ah.
Me: No problem, always willing to help :)

See, Mel, Marcomm aint that hard when you get down to it and have free incoming to boot.

Adieu!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Shanker! Next time when I starting my own business, you be my Marketing Man okay?

But now forth, I bestow upon you the title of Marketing Manager of the Universe.

Anonymous said...

Good job, Shanker! Next time when I starting my own business, you be my Marketing Man okay?

But now forth, I bestow upon you the title of Marketing Manager of the Universe.