16.4.06

Anger Management

Inspired by something that happened jus minutes ago. There are 3 types of 'angry' people.

1. The ones who get angry over something someone did.
2. The ones who get angry over something someone didn't do.
3. The ones who get angry over a situation rather than a someone.

I'm guilty of No. 2.

If you get pissed cos someone did something, then you're probably a realistic one. Focussing on the issue at hand. A "small picture" kinda person.

If you start delving into WHY the person didnt do the right thing as in your eyes, but insists on treading the path fools follow makes you the one who looks upon everything with those "big picture" binoculars.

If you blame the situation, like I'm sure he wouldnt have done so-and-so thing if it was a different time and place. Or, why does fate have to play its cruel hand type. You are simply delusional and on top of that, a humungous E+Y [ilichavaaiyan].


Stop anybody and ask them. How were you in your youth? Within their answer would definitely come the cliched "well, i had a pretty bad temper". I'd never say something like that. Cos I never did. Truthfully. I was always the stress-free laid back mild mannered kid. You could friggin threaten to blow up an A-bomb in front of me and I'd quizzically ask "You dare meh?" instead of running far far away to Madagascar before it blows.

About the only time I ever got angry, which was so goddamn rare, was either with my parents or when the issue at hand was basic respect. Respect I think that is accorded to some and not necessary to others. Aint it such a touchy subject then. Respect. The many forms of it. The other emotions it is tagged along with. Love, adoration, fear, inferiority, superiority complexes.

I have no point, rather than to state the above. But, I'd like to thank you love, for showing me that I should never breach that level. That level of respect a person should be accorded. And no one should ever bring themselves to a lower level just to get things done. Fuck it. Might as well don't do. Not worth losing self-respect.

Cos when you start losing it, you start doubting yourself. And you as a person could be the most filth filled scum walking this green Earth, but fuck it. That scum is you. You own that scum. And no one else. So use it to your advantage. Cos scum feeds plankton which in turn feeds fish which in turn feeds other men who decompose and return to scum.

I like that idea of one full circle. A meaningful one. More meaningful than hiding chocolate coated eggs and hunting for them.

Adios mi compadres!


No comments: