15.4.06

Hips don't lie

The fixation of certain aural pieces from time to time [the album is oral fixations, pun intended]. Doesn't it really irritate the hell out of us. We all know the score. Some hot new movie is released and it appears on everyone's nick. Used to be only contained within the IRC arena, but heck it has since morphed into its various forms into MSN nicks, extended nicks, Friendster and MySpace profiles. Damn. Get a proper name geddamit.

Inspired by a talk with Shini way back on HER "artiste of the month" irritations and of course dear Shamini lent a hand last night. Here, we dissect the "solid" "hip swinging" lyrics of Shakira's new masterpiece and try and figure out what about the damn song gets the women throwing their top off, pouring tequila down their bare breasts and lighting themselves in flames. [True story].





I never really knew that she could dance like this
She makes a man wants to speak Spanish
Como se llama, bonita, mi casa, su casa
[like a flame, woman, my house, your house]

Oh baby when you talk like that
You make a woman go mad
So be wise and keep on
Reading the signs of my body

I'm on tonight
You know my hips don't lie
And I'm starting to feel it's right
All the attraction, the tension
Don't you see baby, this is perfection

Hey Girl, I can see your body moving
And it's driving me crazy
And I didn't have the slightest idea
Until I saw you dancing

And when you walk up on the dance floor
Nobody cannot ignore the way you move your body, girl
And everything so unexpected - the way you right and left it
So you can keep on shaking it


Oh boy, I can see your body moving
Half animal, half man
[Alavanthaan copy?]
I don't, don't really know what I'm doing
But you seem to have a plan
My will and self restraint
Have come to fail now, fail now
See, I am doing what I can, but I can't so you know
That's a bit too hard to explain

Baila en la calle de noche
Baila en la calle de día
[Dance in the street at night
Dance in the street in the morning]

Oh baby when you talk like that
You know you got me hypnotized
So be wise and keep on
Reading the signs of my body

Senorita, feel the conga, let me see you move like you come from Colombia

Mi vida en Barranquilla se baila así, say it!
[This spanish is too cheem for me to translate]


Adieu!

No comments: