10.4.06

GE 2006: It begins

Headline: Important for PAP to win strong mandate: PM Lee

What I see:
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong ... has no doubt the PAP has the strong support of the people.
Support as in I don't disturb the way you run the country support or support as in any policy you throw at me I'll be sure to prop it up support?


He says he can feel it when meeting them on his walkabouts

I'm sure of this. In Ang Mo Kio, we love garlanding the top man in politics with hibiscus flowers and then showing him the "new" "renovated" CCs and letting the fishmonger and chicken rice seller shake his hands in awe. And this was before, he became the PM. Duh? "All in the family"

Do we want to move forward and take up the challenges which are there, or do we want to slow down, stand around and say no, I just wring my hands and feel miserable for myself.
This was just so insulting. And the general population just sits there and moans and groans? Saying where be my Progress Package? After all, same money different name. If you do recall the periodic release of SingTel shares, Economic Restructuring Shares [ERS] and now the P.R.O.G.E.S.S. A great word if not an acronym. The acronym "GE" is also centred beautifully within there somewhere.

Mr Lee said the PAP welcomes a debate with an opposition which produces alternative and dissenting views.
Dissent me mofos, all the better to sue you with.

Headline: Ang Mo Kio GRC to see two new PAP faces in upcoming GE

What I see:

Said Mrs Lee, "There are already some residents who came to see me. I have also gone down to the sites to really understand their problems. One of them is Teachers Estate, the transportation in the estate. They came to see me during one of the (Meet the People Sessions).

Quick, read it again, What's wrong? I live in an "estate". The structure I live in is a "block". The apartment is called a "home". I am still scratching my head over what the hell could "sites" mean.
I went down one Sunday morning to understand what they are trying to tell me -- the steep slope, the long distance that the old folks have to walk if they want to take a bus to go to Yio Chu Kang. Now I am in the process of talking to SMRT and I hope I can help solve some of their problems."
It's not "as soon as possible" or "the very next" Sunday morning. It's "one Sunday morning". Blase but still lets not be too sensitive. She is a civil engineer after all, so let's leave the sites issue for a bit.


Look at this map, drawn to scale for you finicky ppl. Note, the red cross hair is where Teachers' Estate is. And the 2 nearest MRT stations, AMK and YCK are also clearly labelled. Pop quiz? Nearest MRT? AMK or YCK? Look again at the main roads that service the above mentioned estate. Now tell me, if you was a bus service which route would you rather ply on. And trust me, there are services that do the necessary "transportation".

I read CNA thinking I should broaden my horizon and know more local news so I wouldn't be an idiot in certain coffee joints. However, when my intelligence gets questioned. I much prefer to just tune the damn channel to CNN, biased or not. At least the videos of people dying in Baghdad, biased and all, stops illusions and gives me reality.

, , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shanker,

You are spot on man. The GE is only for idiots, vote also PAP, no guts. Why scared, opposition take over house price will drop no value. HDB upgrading is not for PAP to decide but the HDB board. No independance, public funds channelled to Temasek holdings etc, the PAP think they can rule for ever. First Prime Minister then Senior Minister then Minister Mentor next Emperor. In which First rate democratic country do we have a family running the country. Nepotism ! When the Prime Minister didn't like his wife she commited suicide or rather make us believe that she took her own life. Never have I seen a Prime Minister take the highest office with blood on his hand. A cover up by his mentor (MM). It only goes to show we live in an "Animal Farm" where the bloody pigs of PAP rules the silent majority.

Cheers mate
Ruban